This delicious compote is sweet and smokey with velvety textures. The flavours profile has notes of sweet molasses, making this the perfect substitute for barbeque sauce. Try as a glaze on roasted vegetables or meat. Share your recipe images with us!
• 1 bag Elan organic pitted prunes
• 1 bag Elan organic mango slices
• 1 1/2 tbsp chipotle flakes or powder
• ½ cup coconut sugar
• 1/4 tsp Himalayan pink sea salt
• 3 cups water
• 1 tbsp water
1. In a medium saucepan, mix all the ingredients together.
2. Cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour
3. Transfer to an airtight container and cool overnight.
4. Store refrigerated for up to 2 months.