This tajine recipe will transport you to the Maghreb, where a cooking vessel bearing the same name is used to cook these spicy meals. Made with Elan organic pitted prunes, dried cranberries and raw cashews, this textured, fragrant tajine is as nutritious as it is delicious. Share your recipe images with us!
- 2 tbsp organic coconut oil
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp organic turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Ras el Hanout
- 4 Elan Organic Pitted Prunes, chopped
- ¼ cup Elan Organic Dried Cranberries
- ¼ cup Elan Organic Raw Cashews
- 2 cups organic basmati rice
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 units garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups water, boiling
- 1 Serrano chili, sliced
- 1 Shishito pepper, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a 2-quart large baking dish, add the rice, coconut oil, spices, onion and garlic.
- Pour in the boiling water and seal tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place on the middle rack of the oven and cook for 22-27 minutes.
- Rest 5 minutes, fluff with a fork and mix in the nuts and fruit.
- Top with sliced chilies and serve.